- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
What is Interferential Electro-Therapy?
It is a therapeutic treatment to aid in the relief of pain and the promotion of soft tissue healing.
How Does Interferential Electro-Therapy work?
Tiny amounts of electrical impulses are induced into the tissues in the vicinity of the injury. Where these waves intersect below the surface of the skin, a low-frequency stimulation is created. This prompts the body to secrete endorphins and other natural pain killers to help relieve pain.
What does Interferential Electro-Therapy feel like?
Most patients find Interferential Electro-Therapy to be extremely beneficial and describe the treatment as a faint "pins and needles" sensation.
Why is Interferential Electro-Therapy used?
Interferential Electro-Therapy is most often used for pain relief and to aid in reduction the swelling of soft tissues. Ligament sprains, muscle strains and spasms often respond to this treatment, helping to reduce atrophy and increase blood circulation.
- Reduces painful symptoms
- Decreases local swelling
- Promotes muscle tone
- Restores normal movements
- Releases the body's natural pain killers
- Accelerates the healing process
- Simply relax as the soothing waves of treatment diminish your discomfort.